There’s often discussion at work around what is ‘politically correct’ and what is not. This certainly can be a confusing space for employers and employees! While the subject of appropriate behaviour and language at work is a mammoth area to tackle, a positive way to look at this is through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
These three intricately linked values are recognised as the foundation of business success in terms of:
- Attracting a wide pool of suitable candidates for vacancies
- Increasing retention of valuable employees
- Increased collaboration and innovation
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for all employees
- Improved health and wellbeing for all employees
Did you know that when employees trust that they, and their colleagues, will be treated fairly regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or age, they are:
- 9.8 times more likely to look forward to going to work
- 6.3 times more likely to have pride in their work
- 5.4 times more likely to want to stay a long time at their company
Having an inclusive workplace culture will not only help you attract a diverse set of talent but also help you retain the diverse talent you attracted in the first place.
If you would like to find out more about the power of diversity, equity, and inclusion at work by having the right policy and education for your team, please contact our Senior People & Culture Consultant, Nicole Sweeney to find out more.